Monday, May 2, 2016

Reflective Post

As my EME2040 Class comes to an end I realized how important technology is to a teacher in the 21st century. Technology has come such a long way in such a short period of time, that is has encompassed a majority of our daily life. As we look to the future, it seems that technology will only become a even bigger role in our lives than it already is. So it is important to consider increasing technology in the classroom. I have found all of the projects to be quite helpful in distributing technology to the classroom and to students. From Collaborative lesson plans to my own teacher e portfolio. But What I found most helpful is the creative WebQuests that teachers can create for their student. Not only can the student learn the subject matter at hand but the WebQuests add the technology element into the mix. This creates a fun and interactive environment for students. I believe this is key to making sure all students become successful learners. WebQuests can become a teacher's favorite lesson planning tool or at least for me it has. I plan on using this technology in my classroom quite often. Check out my very own example. Or try for yourself at QuestGarden.



I believe that every lesson taught in this class will be extremely helpful for future educators to create more technology based lessons into the classroom, which in turn creates outside the classroom learning as well. The assignments in this class were able to teach me to create and integrate technologies into my future classroom. Each lesson in the class provided a tool for each learning style so that teachers can help every student become successful. This class was extremely helpful to me as a student and as a future educator by communicating how important technology can be and how it can be harnessed as a powerful teaching tool. We are in the 21st century so integrating more technology into classrooms is common sense. The more our lives are fueled by technology the more our environments must adapt to that. So to become a successful teacher in the 21st century one must get creative with the technology being used in classrooms today to provide a better future student of tomorrow.  


Resources

QuestGarden.com. (n.d.). Retrieved May 1st, 2016, from http://questgarden.com/

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment